What is a System Frame?
A System Frame is a cost-optimized timber frame ready for purchase. Using a standard approach with standardized, optimzed cross-sections and connections, we have designed a series of cost-effective frames. The geometry and joinery is designed so the frames can be fabricated 100% with CNC machinery. No handwork is involved.
- Affordable way to own a timber frame building
- Easy and quick assembly by a local builder or talented home owner
- Short lead times and quick installation
- Vacation homes
- Outdoor kitchens or covered patios
- Carports / sheds
A System Frame kit contains all timbers, hardware, pegs, splines, etc. Timbers are precut by CNC, labelled and packed in building sections and zones.
- Performance Shell breathable, high-performance wall and roof panels (Passive House capable)
- Regular stick frame panels precut by CNC
- Floor and roof decking (T+G)
- Glulam Light (GLL) Small, modern appearance with 3-1/8” or 5-1/8” wide timbers
- Glulam Heavy (GLH) Modern, heavy timber appearance 5-1/8 or 6-3/4” wide timbers
- Heavy Timber (HTI) Classic timber frame appearance with 8” wide #1 Douglas Fir solid timbers
Bent and Purlin system (BP)
Timber Walls and Rafter Frames (RF)
Shed Roof Systems (SH)
All timbers clean, S4S finish (smooth) (CL)
Optional: Landark Original (natural and transparent beeswax/ tung oil finish) (LA)
Optional: Sansin SDF stain (various colors) (SS)
- Building widths: 10’-24’ (every 2’)
- Building lenghts: 10’-200’ (every 2’)